[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Dive Into America Community Forums • View topic - Informing the Home Office about leaving the UK
Important note: This forum is now read only, and new user registration has been permanently disabled. Join DIA on Facebook to discuss anything immigration-related, or search/browse the archived information here. We also highly recommend the lovely people over at VisaJourney for lively and active discussions.

Informing the Home Office about leaving the UK

Inland Revenue, mail forwarding, address changes.

Postby sanctifyer » Mon Aug 15, 2005 9:49 am

sanctifyer

Postby Severed Neurons » Thu Aug 18, 2005 1:36 am

Severed Neurons

Postby sanctifyer » Thu Aug 18, 2005 5:55 am

sanctifyer

Postby Severed Neurons » Thu Aug 18, 2005 9:33 pm

Severed Neurons

Postby Sarah » Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:55 am

Hiya Sanc,

Good question. I had my ILR when I left the UK so I couldnt say for sure what the circumstances for your wife (being on LLTR) would be.

Personally, I didnt inform the Home Office that I was leaving the country because Id already sent in my application for citizenship which I knew would one-up my ILR when approved. So different circumstances all around.

If I had to guess off the top of my head, Id say she probably isnt required to inform the HO considering she's giving up her resident status in the UK willingly and has no intention of returning any time soon. Its not like she wishes to make arrangements for an extended stay abroad with intentions to return as a resident or maintain resident status. However, thats just a guess. Id be very interested if you do find out what the actual requirement or suggestion is so please keep us posted.

Hope you and your wife are well!
Sarah

PS: Hiya Gary!! LTNS! :)
Sarah

Return to Before You Leave the UK