[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Dive Into America Community Forums • View topic - DD Visa Process Timeline - So Far
Important note: This forum is now read only, and new user registration has been permanently disabled. Join DIA on Facebook to discuss anything immigration-related, or search/browse the archived information here. We also highly recommend the lovely people over at VisaJourney for lively and active discussions.

DD Visa Process Timeline - So Far

All info and questions relating to SCF in general.

DD Visa Process Timeline - So Far

Postby Bromma » Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:02 pm

Hi,

I know that the dates etc. are posted on my profile, but for thos ewho are interested and don't, like me, look at too many profiles here is the process so far for DD.

We are using SCF because I have been in the US for a year following my DCF application and DD was staying in the UK to finish off her studies at university.

7/17/07 completed I-130 for DD

7/27/07 I-797 notice of action received acknowledging petition as of 7/19/07
Time Elapsed: 10 days :)

As you can see there was quite some wait before the next time the file was picked up - Five months and one week. :(
1/3/08 I-797 received approval notice for petition with a priority date of 7/19/07
Time Elapsed: 5 Months 17 days

2/15/08 received affidavit of support 'AOS' notification of billing from National Visa Center dated 2/4/08 includes immigrant visa case number and billing for $70 fee and also copy of change of address and choice of agent form also sent to visa applicant.
Time Elapsed: 6 Months 29 days

2/20/08 Sent AOS fee ($70) to New Orleans office of the national visa center who seems to act as the payment dept. DD has sent off her choice of agent form.
Time Elapsed: 7 Months 3 days

3/10/08 Received request for I-864 completion
Time Elapsed: 7 Months 23 days

3/17/08 Received confirmation of appointment as agent and billing for Immigrant Visa application fees (total $400).
Time Elapsed: 8 Months 0 days

3/25/08 Paid IV fees by sending cashiers check to St. Louis, MO. Also requested transcript of IRS tax return as one is required to go with the I-864. This takes up to 15 days to receive.
Time Elapsed: 8 Months 8 days

4/25/08 Received request as agent to complete DS-230 and mail to NVC Portsmouth, NH.
Time Elapsed: 9 Months 8 days

4/26/08 Called DD and told her that she needed to complete the DS-230 and return it to us, so that we could mail it to NVC.
Time Elapsed: 9 Months 9 days

4/27/08 I-864 and I-864a completed and mailed.
Time Elapsed: 9 Months 10 days

5/8/08 Letter confirming receipt of I-864 received and asking for the DS-230 AGAIN (note we only received the original a couple of weeks before!) =/
Time Elapsed: 9 Months 21 days

5/19/08 Posted DS-230 to NVC in New Hampshire (Note that for each thing posted there is a form that is sent to you that has to accompany the documents. For the second request for the DS-230 we had a different form with a new department reference on it, so be careful!)
Time Elapsed: 10 Months 2 days

5/30/08 Oooops, with a capital bollocks. Have received a further request for more paperwork. Apparently we were supposed to have mailed copies of the birth certificate, police certificate, copy of passport and two identical color photos. On checking why I hadn't caught that earlier it was because we had only completed the DS-230 form and not followed the provided link through the web site where it detailed this additional information that is not mentioned in the DS-230 REQUEST LETTER. :yikes:
Time Elapsed: 10 Months 13 days

7/6/08 This is getting a bit too close to DDs 21st b'day so following the guidance re those who will be 21 within a month that was sent out with one of the earlier papers I e-mailed the NVC with a change of address (DD has graduated from university) and pointing out her date of birth is a bit close and asking for confirmation that her priority date is still fixed as at the application date.
Time Elapsed: 11 Months 8 days

7/18/08 E-mail confirmation received confirming that DD is being processed under the Child Status Protection Act of 2000, phew with a capital P! :roll:
Time Elapsed: Happy Anniversary 12 Months 1 day

7/21/08 Eventually received the documents requested. DD was a little slow on getting everything together. =/
Time Elapsed: 1 Year 0 Months 4 days

7/25/08 A call to the 24/7/365 NVC helpline confirmed receipt of the documents and advised a 6-8 week process time.
Time Elapsed: 1 Year 0 Months 8 days

8/19/08 A follow up call to the NVC helpline confirmed that as at 8/14/08 the NVC had done all the processing they needed and had forwarded the file to London. Told DD, she was elated :D
Time Elapsed: 1 Year 1 Months 2 days
Bromma

Postby lrk0909 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:24 am

Wow! What a journey for you! It looks like it is getting close so Best of luck!
lrk0909

Postby lyndilou » Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:38 pm

lyndilou

Return to Service Center Filing (SCF)