[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Dive Into America Community Forums • View topic - SCF delays - very down
Important note: This forum is now read only, and new user registration has been permanently disabled. Join DIA on Facebook to discuss anything immigration-related, or search/browse the archived information here. We also highly recommend the lovely people over at VisaJourney for lively and active discussions.

SCF delays - very down

All info and questions relating to SCF in general.

SCF delays - very down

Postby Lynne » Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:42 pm

Not sure how many of us there are doing the SCF process at the moment but there are HUGE delays with USCIS right now.

The process now goes like this

Send application in
NOA 1 - a week or two later
NOA 2 and case sent to NVC about 80-90 days later
NVC request the I-864 from petitioner and the DS 230 parts 1 and 2 and original docs from the beneficiary.
That's all dealt with and then everything sent to the consulate in your country and medical and interview follow as usual. It seems to take about 250-350 days from posting the form to interview for most people going through London.

EXCEPT at the moment they are anything up to 15 weeks behind normal service. So they aren't even opening the post to log your application and cash the cheque for a couple of months after you post it!!!!! And the Vermont service center seems to be the worst. On the USCIS website they are only currently dealing with applications send up to the end of JULY!! We sent ours in October - we must be in for a long wait. I can't bear the thought of our application just sitting there untouched for another two months or so before anyone even acknowledges it is there! Who knows what that will do to the overall time frame. I was hoping to be able to move before Christmas 2008 - now that might not happen.

Oh and we were told at work this week that half of us could be made redundant by April!

Not a good week!
Lynne

Postby Frances » Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:23 pm

Some people have noticed that the dates on the USCIS site are not necessarily a sign that your application isn't being processed. They will not move the date ahead until they've completed all applications from that date. So, if in July there was a tricky application that required more time to make it through the process, it can hold up the dates on the web site, but won't hold up processing. Once they are done with all of the July x files, they will update the date on the site. It is not unheard of to see the site list July 3rd one day, and Sept 1 the next. While I can not guarantee this is the case for you, I hope that it gives you some peace of mind.

I would be very surprised if your application is not completed in time for you to move next December. That's more than a year away, and if your application is straight forward, I wouldn't think there would be a long delay.

I will be sending you lots of good vibes! I know the visa process is hard, but it will be well worth it!!
Frances

Postby Lynne » Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:34 pm

Thanks Frances although I'm afraid this is a different delay to the normal processing times stated on the USCIS website.

"The receipt delay was caused by a significant workload increase, in part based upon filings by individuals attempting to beat a planned fee increase and a significant influx of applications associated with visa availability in the Department of State's July 2007 Visa bulletin. This resulted in an influx of applications and fees that exceeded USCIS' capacity to timely issue receipts and deposit application fees."

So there are people who sent their application in Aug to the Vermont center who haven't even had their first cheque cashed - so their application hasn't even been looked at yet.

"As of October 19, 2007, USCIS has completed initial data entry and issued receipt notices for applications and petitions received on or before the dates indicated:

California Service Center
Form Number Date Received

I-130 8/30/2007
N-400 8/02/2007
All Other Forms 9/29/2007

Vermont Service Center

I-130 7/29/2007
N-400 7/25/2007
All Other Forms 8/01/2007"

Vermont has been stuck on this date for I-130s for the last three weeks with no move forward yet!

I'm trying to stay positive but it's not looking likely that our case will be completed before November next year if we're lucky!
Lynne

Postby Sarah » Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:30 am

Sarah

Postby Lynne » Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:04 am

Of course Sarah,

It's from the USCIS site - they have a special FAQ about the receipting delay.

Of course it may be that it's just a delay with receipting and that the rest of the process will catch up.

I hope so - guess only time will tell! =/

L
Lynne

Postby Sarah » Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:04 am

Cool - thanks for the link :D

Thats good that they did a special notice about the whole thing. I hope theyre able to catch it all up real soon and get a move on.

If things still look slow when your I-130 receipt comes through, do you think you'll try for a K-3? The National Benefits Unit shouldnt be too affected by this rigmarole.
Sarah

Postby Lynne » Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:45 am

I'm not sure about the K3.

I had definitely decided against it because of the hassle you seem to have afterwards adjusting status and the $1000 fee which goes with it. It would have to speed up the process by about five months or more for me to be interested.

Also it used to be you could just do both at the same time and go with the one which came through faster etc but recent posts on visajourney seem to suggest that the K3 application now causes your CR1 to be held up while they do the K3 - so that put me off a bit too!

Of course if I get made redundant in April I may wish I'd gone the slightly quicker route!!
Lynne

Postby Sarah » Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:17 am

Sarah

Postby Margotdarko » Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:50 am

Margotdarko

Postby Lynne » Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:59 am

Lynne

Postby Sarah » Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:54 pm

Sarah

Postby Lynne » Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:28 am

OMG! The update on the USCIS website which is monitoring the receipting delay and is supposed to give an indication of where they are up to in their processing now shows Vermont as having gone BACK five days!!!!!

Vermont Service Center

I-130 7/24/2007
N-400 7/26/2007
All Other Forms 10/10/2007

I just can't understand what they are doing?
Lynne

Postby nate » Mon Oct 29, 2007 2:19 pm

My wife (UKC) and I are SCFers and have received email approval for an I-130 and I-129 on the same day. So far we have only received an actual mailed NOA2 for the I-130. It says that our I-130 petition,
"...indicates that the person for whom you are petitioning
is in the US and will apply for adjustment of status."
I guess this is because USCIS sees that we have also applied for a K-3. However, we are in the UK and although we have received past NOAs etc from USCIS, I am assuming that they have sent our I-129 NOA2 to the wrong address. We had some address problems several months ago, with them sending something to an address I couldn't believe...150 Space Center Loop!!!??? After that I had a heated exchange with a customer service rep in which she maintained that I did indeed live in a Space Center and that no mistake had been made! Anyway, a few calls to different reps and we thought we had the address issue sorted out. I guess not. And now they won't speak to us about it until it is a month late. I hope they have still sent it to the NVC regardless. Any thoughts?
The I-130 NOA2 goes on to say that we will have to file an I-824 to take action on our I-130. So I guess they have sent it to these archives or whatever. An I-130 graveyard. RIP.
It seems that when you have been approved for both at the same time they send the I-130 away because they assume that you will persue the K3 and adjust status in the US.
nate

Postby Lynne » Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:06 am

For another week in a row USCIS weekly update shows that Vermont Service Center is still only processing the I-130s mailed in before 29th July. It's nearly 2 months and we still haven't even received an NOA1. At this rate the cheque is going to expire before the application is even opened. So frustrating....
Lynne

Processing Update - California

Postby Bromma » Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:16 pm

My daughter's I-130 petition, submitted July 19, 2007 has just been approved as of January 3rd. Having been through the DCF process last year, for myself, I thought that I would try the SCF route as well, for my daughter (clearly a glutton for punishment!). Hopefully this will give some idea of the current processing that appears to be near to the six month timeframe that they allow themselves.
Bromma

Postby Lynne » Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:16 pm

Lynne

Return to Service Center Filing (SCF)