Important note: This forum is now read only, and new user registration has been permanently disabled. Join DIA on Facebook to discuss anything immigration-related, or search/browse the archived information here. We also highly recommend the lovely people over at VisaJourney for lively and active discussions.

How much should we budget for the Medical exam?

Questions and information on the medical.

How much should we budget for the Medical exam?

Postby cheekyerica » Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:38 pm

What's been your experience with this? (we don't want to get caught out)

I noticed that on the Embassy information (the various PDFs) that in addition to the various vaccinations required (that we're going to try to get from the GP) that there are other things mentioned:

X-rays (do they do that to everyone?)
DNA specimen collection
Bacteriological inspection of sputum, blood tests etc....

So I know that the base charge is £210.00 but how much can we expect to have to tag onto that?
cheekyerica

Postby JoannaV » Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:19 pm

£210. Chest x-ray and blood test etc. is included in that. The fees listed are just for if additional things are required. Ie [I]additional[/I] x-rays and blood tests. Highly unlikely you will need anything like that, so pretty much just assume £210.
Plus fees for any vaccinations your husband receives at the medical. Which you can guesstimate once we've discussed it in your other thread haha.
JoannaV

Postby cheekyerica » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:49 pm

Thanks Joanna! :) I wasn't sure because when you look at that bit that breaks down the costs for various things it all sounded...well....like it was going to get wracked up into a much bigger bill!
cheekyerica

Return to Medical and Vaccinations