[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Dive Into America Community Forums • View topic - Is it too soon to get Vaccinations?
Important note: This forum is now read only, and new user registration has been permanently disabled. Join DIA on Facebook to discuss anything immigration-related, or search/browse the archived information here. We also highly recommend the lovely people over at VisaJourney for lively and active discussions.

Is it too soon to get Vaccinations?

Questions and information on the medical.

Is it too soon to get Vaccinations?

Postby cheekyerica » Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:46 pm

Ok, so I know that we have at least 3 or 4 months until the I-130 is processed and we move onto the next step of the process, but I was wondering if it's too soon to try to get my husband up to speed on his vaccinations?

We had a conversation like this last night:

Me: "Do you know which vaccinations you've had?"

Mark: "My GP can confirm that I had a TB vaccination."

Me: "Yea, ok. And what else?"

Mark: "What do you mean, "what else"?

*sigh*
I know I'm married to an older guy....one who has avoided going to doctors for anything short of a detached finger (and yes, he did try to fix that one himself):mad: but honestly!

So what do you folks think--is it too early for me to ring up his GP and make an appointment. If nothing else so the guy can look at what (if anything) the husband's had (and forgotten about) or hasn't had? (I just printed out the list of vaccinations required for the Immigrant and it looks like Mark is going to resemble a pin cushion! :(

I'm asking because I've never had to request anything like this from a GP in the UK and I don't know how long it takes (for the records or what)

Also, for the records (proof) what do we need from the GP?
cheekyerica

Postby JoannaV » Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:13 pm

How old is your husband? There aren't actually that many vaccinations required for adults.

It's never too early to get the vaccinations sorted, although there is sometimes a reason to delay one or two...let me know which age group he falls into and then I will expand on that statement.

As far as the GP goes, it shouldn't take much time. It does vary from practice to practice. Personally, my GP's surgery just printed out my vaccine record and gave it to me. (No need for fancy paper or anything like that, whatever the GP provides will be fine for the medical.) Now some other practices may have a small fee and a waiting period, but still shouldn't be overly complicated.
JoannaV

Postby GrnEyesnUK » Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:56 pm

GrnEyesnUK

Postby cheekyerica » Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:51 am

cheekyerica

Postby NancyD » Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:19 pm

Yep, make sure on the MMR and a flu jab if you can get one. Those are the two that my husband was lacking and he got one from the GP before the medical and the other one at the medical (the flu jab, they had just added that requirement so they gave it there for a reduced rate).
NancyD

Postby cheekyerica » Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:28 pm

cheekyerica

Postby JoannaV » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:30 pm

JoannaV

Postby cheekyerica » Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:23 am

cheekyerica

Return to Medical and Vaccinations