[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Dive Into America Community Forums • View topic - Payment for the Medical -April 2005
Important note: This forum is now read only, and new user registration has been permanently disabled. Join DIA on Facebook to discuss anything immigration-related, or search/browse the archived information here. We also highly recommend the lovely people over at VisaJourney for lively and active discussions.

Payment for the Medical -April 2005

Questions and information on the medical.

Postby Sheril » Wed Mar 30, 2005 12:05 pm

Please note that when you get your interview confirmation and are requested to call for your medical appointment that payment is required at the time of booking the appointment.

It is not possible to pay in cash any longer.

If you need to pay by cheque, you will be asked to submit the cheque to the NHHS (Nuffield Hospitals Health Screening) but your medical appointment cannot be confirmed until payment has been received.

Total cost: £179.00
If under 15: £82.00
The vaccination costs listed are now;

Hep B £35.00
DTP £60.00
Oral Polio £30.00
Inactivated Polio £30.00
HIB £50.00
MMR £65.00
Td £15.00
Pneumax £35.00
Influenza £50.00
*payment for vaccs is by Credit/Switch/Debit cards or personal cheque. Not accepted in cash.
Sheril

Postby GrnEyesnUK » Wed Mar 30, 2005 2:08 pm

Thanks for that, Sheril. DH is scheduled for his flu/pneumax shot next week (because he's diabetic). At that time, he'll have all the others that he needs (based on his doctor's recommendation and his age). At least this will be on NHS, so no cost to him. If any further need to be done, at least we will have shaved that much off the cost! Not cheap at all! UGH!
GrnEyesnUK

Postby Kellie » Wed Mar 30, 2005 3:38 pm

FYI, Tony went to our local surgery with the list of immunizations from the Embassy. The nurse gave him jabs that he needed prior to the interview (they found his entire history since childhood on the NHS records), compliments of the NHS. Then on interview day, he didn't require any further injections and we didn't have to pay the fees.

Just something to think about if you have the time and if your health history is on the NHS records.
Kellie

Postby sohosid » Wed Mar 30, 2005 3:42 pm

Yup,

I saw those prices a few days ago and booked a little chat with my local friendly nurse for tomorrow! As far as I can see, it'll only be the MMR and Td that I need (they won't give Flu out of season will they?)

So Sheryl...how did it go booking your appointment - when and where did you get?

Mike
sohosid

Postby Sheril » Wed Mar 30, 2005 7:57 pm

It did not go well! They said the lines were busy and they would call me back within an hour. They did not, so I called them to be told, they don't have the Dr's schedules for London yet !

(although it says on the appointment letter to make your medical appt AS SOON AS YOU GET THE LETTER!)

So she said I could be registered and they would call me back - when I asked when, she said within a week, so I pointed out I must have enough time before May 5, she said she understood. They took my name/address/daytime telephone number and I insisted on them taking my home number AND email address (paranoid, moi?!)

I just got home and my hubby told me they called me back to make the appt with me and left a message on the ansaphone, when he returned the call, there was no answer. Hopefully I will be able to make that appt tomorrow and pay over the phone at the same time.
Sheril

Postby Sarah » Wed Mar 30, 2005 10:38 pm

Good luck with getting your ap squared away Sheril.

Mike, I think they will give flue out of season if you ask for it. Mart got his in July or August or something like that. I think flu is only required for anyone over 65 or who has a disease or condition that would cause them more trouble if they did get the flu. It says on the vaccination table, which is poorly made, which you'll need. But hell, if your going to the NHS and your flu shot is free then who cares right? Might as well just get it! :)
Sarah

Postby Sheril » Thu Mar 31, 2005 2:33 pm

Thanks Sarah :D

Update to above: Still no appointment. I have called 4 times and left messages but they are so busy, another number is taking the overflow, apparently they can't get lines out they are so busy.

I had to register my displeasure (politest way possible) I have called about 6 times now and no-one has called me back (or emailed!) and I can't leave the house, make calls or get anything valuable done today- lucky it's a day off, but it's a wasted day off as I can't concentrate now!
Sheril

Postby Sheril » Thu Mar 31, 2005 4:04 pm

Sheril

Postby sohosid » Thu Mar 31, 2005 5:13 pm

sohosid

Postby Sheril » Thu Mar 31, 2005 5:21 pm

Sheril

Postby Tex-ann » Thu Mar 31, 2005 5:29 pm

Tex-ann

Postby Sheril » Fri Apr 01, 2005 12:04 pm

Sheril

Postby Sheril » Fri Apr 01, 2005 12:07 pm

Sheril

Postby Tex-ann » Fri Apr 01, 2005 6:17 pm

Tex-ann

Postby Sarah » Sat Apr 02, 2005 5:50 am

I wonder who's footing the bills for the NHS Hospitals to send results down to London? NHS Hospitals have so many problems keeping themselves in order, I have this niggling suspicion that there will end up being a lot missing medical results in the days ahead. Hopefully yours wont be one of them Sheril. That is, if they can even manage to get you an appointment.

Although I understand that all new systems need time to be rolled out, its obvious this could have been done so much better. Actually, is anyone here in the Medical Profession? I reckon you put your plans to move to the USA on hold if you are and set up practice in London to take over for Dr Whatshisface. Youd make a MINT! And I want a small cut for the idea, thankyouverymuch :D
Sarah

Postby Sheril » Sat Apr 02, 2005 1:12 pm

You're right someone could have made a killing!

Sarah- do you mean the NHHS hospitals? I was under the impression they were private (or the screening programmes are private- usually in private hospitals, like BMI for BUPA etc) I could be wrong tho'.

I am quite lucky in that I am not giving notice at work or notice to quit our flat until everything is in hand and I have firm details of a departure date/flight booked (I am waiting for a last minute and hope it will pay off with a reasonable price- as it is we can be quite flexible- but I really feel for the people who are working within timelines and selling houses etc.

Also, my Dad has offered to drive us up to London for the interview, so I dont need to worry about trains or overnight stays- PHEW!
Sheril

Postby Sarah » Mon Apr 04, 2005 3:41 am

Great news about the lift from you dad!

Sheril, I meant NHS but I could be wrong. I dont know what kind of hospitals these medicals are taking place at. I didnt even know private hospitals existed in the UK!
Sarah

Return to Medical and Vaccinations