[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Dive Into America Community Forums • View topic - Medical questions
Important note: This forum is now read only, and new user registration has been permanently disabled. Join DIA on Facebook to discuss anything immigration-related, or search/browse the archived information here. We also highly recommend the lovely people over at VisaJourney for lively and active discussions.

Medical questions

Questions and information on the medical.

Medical questions

Postby asveepay » Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:54 am

asveepay

Postby asveepay » Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:03 pm

Well she had her appointment yesterday and everything went fine.

One thing of note however, is that they are now apparently requiring female applicants to get the HPV vaccination. If you were to get it at the Knightsbridge doctor's, its three courses which take six months to get and costs £120 per dose.

She's going to see if the GP will do it, which will hopefully cost less or nothing. i'll update when i find out more.
asveepay

Postby Frances » Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:16 pm

How old is your wife? She is only required to get the HPV vaccination if she is 26-years-old or younger (.

[Personally, I don't think that they should require that, but that's my opinion - and I have a lot of those!]

Glad to hear that the medical went well.
Frances

Postby lplkemc » Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:18 pm

what is the HPV vaccination? Does this mean that they need to be taking it the six months before moving date? Can they start then move to the states?

I am a bit concerned as my step-daughter is only 14.
lplkemc

Postby Frances » Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:35 pm

It's the Human papillonomavirus thing - the controversial "STD" vacine that schools are trying to make children have here in the states.

There are two threads on it on DIA:

Frances

Postby Liddy » Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:38 pm

I'm shocked! I can't believe they are requiring this for any woman--should be completely optional (in my opinion).
Liddy

Postby lplkemc » Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:48 pm

lplkemc

Postby asveepay » Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:25 pm

asveepay

Postby asveepay » Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:13 pm

asveepay

Postby Birdy » Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:15 am

Birdy

Postby munchie90 » Mon May 12, 2008 8:12 pm

Hi,

Are you defintely sure you can get the HPV vaccination for £7.10? I went to see my GP on Friday and i'm going to have to pay the £120 per course :( . I'm suddenly wishing that I was a bit older!

This visa is getting very expensive!
munchie90

Return to Medical and Vaccinations