Important note: This forum is now read only, and new user registration has been permanently disabled. Join DIA on Facebook to discuss anything immigration-related, or search/browse the archived information here. We also highly recommend the lovely people over at VisaJourney for lively and active discussions.

multiple passports

World-wide travel and transport, licensing, owning & buying vehicles.

multiple passports

Postby elfinmom » Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:02 pm

I now have dual UK and USA citizenship. If I want to go back to UK for a visit, which passport do use and when?

I'm guessing that I use the US passport to book the ticket, enter UK on my UK passport and then when I return use the US passport. But I want to make sure I'm doing it right.

cheers!
elfinmom

Postby Norri » Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:47 pm

Congratulations.

Your thoughts are correct, you could if you wish enter the uk on your US passport, I can't see why you would want to unless the uk one had expired.
However you MUST enter the US using your US passport.
Norri

Postby elfinmom » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:38 pm

awesome! thanks!
elfinmom

Postby Pennsylvanian » Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:12 pm

I'm also about to travel for the first time with both passports to the UK (via Toronto) and I think when my husband booked the ticket, he gave the airline my UK passport details. Does that complicate things? I'm assuming I can still fly out on my UK passport (as in, give that one at check-in because those are the details the airline has), arrive in the UK on that passport, and then present the UK passport at check-in when flying out of the UK but enter the US on the US one. Is that right?

Thanks so much!
Pennsylvanian

Return to Travel & Transportation