[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Dive Into America Community Forums • View topic - Washington Caucus
Important note: This forum is now read only, and new user registration has been permanently disabled. Join DIA on Facebook to discuss anything immigration-related, or search/browse the archived information here. We also highly recommend the lovely people over at VisaJourney for lively and active discussions.

Washington Caucus

Your rights as a resident or citizen of the US & how the US government works.

Washington Caucus

Postby Sarah » Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:14 pm

Hey Frances, are you caucusing today?! :D
Sarah

Postby lplpaca » Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:24 pm

Whose this Cau she'll be cussing? Image

Or did I get the jist of that all worng again? Yes I know Saturday night, it's late, pyjamas, bed, night all! :)
lplpaca

Postby Frances » Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:05 am

Goodness, no. I don't causus because to do so you have to declare a political party. I hate bleeding heart liberal Democrats almost as much as right-wing conservative Republicans. ;-) Me, I'm an independant who hopes to see a strong third party enter the ring to bring some common sense to D.C. (I'll be waiting forever!)

I will be voting in the Feb. 19th elections though.

How about you? Will you get a chance to caucus?
Frances

Postby geally » Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:04 am

I will be voting on Tuesday, here in Virginia. When you register here you do not have to declare a party. When I lived in Maine I didn't get to caucus because I am an Independent and you have to register for one of the parties in order to caucus (although, this year Independents can participate if they sign up for one of the parties.)

Long story short...I am campaigning for Barack Obama and have been calling friends, family and "strangers" (using phone bank that I volunteer for) in Maine about the caucus tomorrow!
geally

Postby Sarah » Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:12 am

Way to go for getting involved Vicki! :)

Texas has a caucus - primary hybrid system. I think its the only state in the union that does but not 100% on that. From the looks of it I'll definitely get to participate. I guess Texas doesnt really get a lot of attention in most elections of this sort because Super Tuesday pretty much clinches the deal - not this year!

There's quite a buzz because there's a huge Latino population here in Texas and theyre expected to break for Clinton. Obama's campaign is said to be trying to break into the Latino vote in Texas, so as we're pretty much the last big state left with lots of delegates up for grabs, it's expected to be a battle ground. I already know who I'm voting for but I'll sure enjoy watching the process as they start to focus their efforts down here.
Sarah

Postby Frances » Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:51 pm

The Democratic race is very interesting, indeed. Sarah, it will be so invigorating to see/hear all the action in Texas. My top-choice Democrat already stepped down, and of the two remaining, I know who I DON'T want ;-)

The Republicans didn't have a decent pick on the ballot from the start. I am very disapointed by the sub-par level of candidates there were. Rudy would have been "ok" but no one makes me want to get out and support them.

This election is really crappy for me. It's the first time that there hasn't been someone I WANT to support. In the past, I'd campaign for a specific person because I wanted THEM to win. This time around, I just want to pick the least-bad choice. I know that some of you out there have strong thoughts on who will do the best job; I guess I just don't see that candidate for 2008. (I don't mean to sound so Eore-ish!)
Frances

Postby Frances » Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:16 pm

Frances

Postby Sarah » Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:08 am

My Dem pick stepped down as well so its a matter of choosing the least bad candidate for me too, of course "bad" is all relative! lol Thats what makes it interesting I guess.

Do you reckon an independent candidate will come out and wow everyone this year?
Sarah

Postby Frances » Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:18 am

Frances

Postby Sarah » Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:15 am

Unfounded are not, the rumors of Bloomberg coming in as an independent candidate are circulating. Big name - lots of funding... hmmmm. Probably not, but choice would be nice.
Sarah

Postby Liddy » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:54 am

We're seeing the Clinton invasion today in Ohio-the ads starting last night and Chelsea arrives today. It's showdown time! I will not be answering the phone for the next 3 weeks--know that as a registered independent I'll soon be receiving all those calls.

My favourite candidate is gone and I haven't made up my mind yet as far as a candidate of preference. I'm not voting in the Ohio primary as it's party specific, and I really don't like that aspect. For now I'll sit back and enjoy the ride...I love that there is such excitement in the air!
Liddy

Return to The US Government & Voting