[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Dive Into America Community Forums • View topic - Saw a mortgage lender today/our credit (it's good, yay)
Important note: This forum is now read only, and new user registration has been permanently disabled. Join DIA on Facebook to discuss anything immigration-related, or search/browse the archived information here. We also highly recommend the lovely people over at VisaJourney for lively and active discussions.

Saw a mortgage lender today/our credit (it's good, yay)

Buying, owning, and renting your home in the US.

Saw a mortgage lender today/our credit (it's good, yay)

Postby CanaryGirl » Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:19 pm

CanaryGirl

Postby Frances » Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:25 pm

Frances

Postby karenn » Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:19 am

karenn

Postby AmericanWoman » Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:17 pm

AmericanWoman

Postby CanaryGirl » Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:52 am

Thanks guys - Frances, I hope that your house hunt goes well too! We just found a place we really like, but it's on the market for $20,000 more than they paid for it just 1 year ago (and it's not a good market here for sellers) so we're considering just putting a really low offer in and seeing what happens since we're not really in a huge rush and we're in a great position as buyers, plus they have already moved to another state so probably want to sell asap.

Yes, that would be great for me to share the information, and I totally meant to do so...only problem is that I cannot remember the website that I used. I feel really bad about that. :( I knew when I applied that I should have wrote it down, but then I forgot to. I'll go look at the card to see if I can find any info...

It's a Capital One Platinum Mastercard. I applied for it online, and I did lie a little (don't tell anyone, haha). At the time, DH did not yet have a job, but I put that he was employed and made something like $30,000. They did call him to verify something - I think it was actually to ask if he was employed, but I cannot remember for sure (he continued the lie, of course). Shortly after that he did get a job, so it was only a tiny white lie but I just saw no other way for him to start building credit.

:)
Sarah
CanaryGirl

Return to Home Ownership & Renting